Wednesday 28 January 2015

Pannal Co-op and commuters

At the weekend I went down to the Peak District where our daughter Susan lives. Bas did not feel like coming so I went on my own. Had a great weekend. It was Alex 11th birthday. We visited parks and museums. They still had a lot of snow there which made walking difficult as the pavements and paths were very icy. I came back on the Sheffield to Glasgow train on the 25th which is Burns Night and the guard on the train said the train was going to be packed as everyone would be getting on at Leeds go to Glasgow to celebrate. Fortunately I got off at Leeds but the train to York was packed. I know how far Pannal is from Weeton so I could judge it but it was pitch dark and the stations were not announced. All who got off the train with me got into cars that had been parked outside the new co-op. So that explained it. I had taken the car to shop there (getting a heavy shopping) but there was nowhere to park so I and another woman (in the same predicament as me) had to shop elsewhere. I saw the assistant manager at the co-op and asked if they owned the parking area outside their shop he said yes I explained what was happening and he said we have had lots of complaints from customers and we are putting up signs on the wall to say parking for customers only. Now whether that will stop the commuters I do not know but hope it does. Mr Selfridge is back so that is pleasing Marble. Who now lies on the carpet in front of the fire watching. She watched Call the Midwife then wandered off as she is not keen on Last Tango in Halifax. Notice we have a Questionnaire in re the village from the Pannal Village Society. I think we are still a village at the moment but when the houses are built at the old Dunlopillo site I wonder what we will be. There was a bit about my Dad receiving his Arctic Medal and Star in Howard West's column. A reporter from the Advertiser wanted to follow it up but wants a photo of me holding the medals which I am not keen to do. Alex is going skiing at half term so he won't be around to take my place and other grandchildren live too far away. So stalemate at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.