Friday 14 December 2012

Pannal. lights and frost

What do I prefer frost and sun or mild and wet. We have had about ten days of heavy frost but lovely sunshine. Pannal looked pretty frost on the grass and on the trees. The only downside is one had to watch one's footing. Today fog to start with, black ice no sun and now rain. Think I know which I prefer. This weekend is the last w.e. of the Dickensian Festival at Grassington. We have been going ever since the first one about thirty years ago when Santa came through the village in his sleigh throwing sweets to the children and as luck? would have it our youngest (at that time) sweet landed in a pile of dog poo. We havn't been for about five years now as it was getting very commercialized with coaches coming from as far a field as Windsor. Shall let you know what it is like when we return. Pannal lights were being put up on Pannal Green yesterday. This is something I organise with the help of Pannal Village Society who provide the money for the lights and Harrogate Borough Council who kindly put them up. The very first Christmas lights Pannal had on the Green I asked for donations from the villagersif they thought it was a good idea. They did so I have been organising it ever since. I love Christmas - the carols, midnight mass, lights, glitter, tinsel. My long suffering husband puts light outside the house and we have seven decorated trees/ Large one in the hall and smaller ones at all the windows. The children and their various partners arrive and all stay here for nearly a week.  Plus two dogs and our two cats. It is great fun. A tight squeeze and a path worn from sink to cooker.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.