Monday 2 December 2013

Party Time in Pannal

Before I get on to the party. Let me just say sorry I have not seen the comments to my blogs as I lost my gmail account. Don't ask me why computers very often do this to me. They do not like me. Can't say I am in love with them either but back it has come and I apologise to all who have commented. I have read you now and thank you.
Ross and Linda from Brookside Nurseries held a retirement party as they have sold their business but will be around for awhile to complete the handover. I sincerely hope new owners keep it as a garden centre as we need it. Party was great. Many many people came and there was wine and eats. I knew so many people there it was like having my own party. Some villagers I see on an almost daily basis and others once in a blue moon so it was lovely to catch up and find out all the village gossip, Unfortunately some news was about burglaries in Pannal and Burn Bridge. Also did you see The Antique Centre (used to be the other nursery) on BBC2 Celebrity antique thing. They did show a lot of it and lo and behold it was burgled and £10,000 of antique jewellery was stolen. I did say to Bas at the time of the showing that I hoped thieves were not watching as it was  a bit isolated. Honestly burglary nothing to do with me.
We have now been signed off from doctors re Bas leg and that, I hope, will be the last time he does a man thing and pulls out a little table to stand on instead of getting the steps.
We have two cats. First one Marble belonged to Sarah the Osteopath at Pannal surgery as she was moving into a flat and the landlord would not let her have a pet. So as I knew Marble having featured her in my column when she was lost Sarah asked me to have her. I said it is Bas birthday at the weekend. Put her in a box and say Happy Birthday Bas which she duly did. So one cat arrived. I featured her in my column (she got quite a following) and one young man saw the article and rang me up to say he had just come out of hospital, his girlfriend had left him and he could not look after the kitten they had bought together (girlfriend moved out but left the kitten) could I please have it. I said (this was three month after Marble) put her in a box give her to Bas and say Happy Anniversary. Story of how we acquired Marble and Tigs (names they had when they came to live here) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.