Monday 13 January 2014

Flu

Christmas was lovely New Year saw through a hazy. Managed to stay up to wish the New Year in but what a struggle as we both came down with flu and the dreaded cough. I put on my Facebook site that I was dying and the coughing was keeping me awake at night. I was flooded with one cure from everyone. How they all knew and I had never heard of it I do not know but here it is and it works. Everyone said it did and it does. Put Vick on the soles on your feet. Yes that is right> Put on a pair of socks and you will have a cough free night guaranteed. You will cough the next day but not at night which is worth it to get some sleep. We think we might live now and stop going round saying Oh God. Went out for a walk today and it was lovely. Shaky legs but felt better by the end of the walk. Sad news is that Ken Newby died last week. Funeral is on Monday 20th, St Robert's 10.30am. He was a grand person was Ken. He was very ill towards the end but before that and for a few years when he was passing in the summer he used to come in and sit in our summer house and have a chat. I remember him saying to Bas once when we first got the wheely bins for garden rubbish do you do this Bas I get a ladder and stand on the weeds and you get more in that way. So I shall always have a picture of Ken doing just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.