Friday 15 June 2018

Why does Harrogate Borough Council and the Harrogate Advertiser dislike Pannal

We in Pannal think the Harrogate Advertiser should cover the Pannal Area and not just what is happening in Harrogate. Oh dear what a a carry on. A reporter came to cover the story of the chimney demolition at the Dunlopillo site.Spoke to us all. We all gave our opinions. The photographer took photographs of the chimney coming down, the onlookers and the Pannal Councillors. Did any of them appear in the Harrogate Advertiser oh no they did not. When I and Pannal Parish Council wrote strong letters asking what had happened we were told it was online. We said what use was that most people in Pannal purchased The Harrogate Advertiser. I had gone up to the Coop and looked through the Advertiser to see the coverage (I was not going to buy the paper if it was not in but I honestly expected to make a purchase) No photos no decent write up. A gentleman I did not know reached over me purchased a paper went outside flicked through it and put it in the bin at the railway station. Not knowing him I did not ask but I think he was one of the spectators at the chimney demolition. Pannal does not get good coverage. As for Harrogate Borough Council if they can cover us in housing they will try. They own the lovely Crimple Valley which has never been built on. They said they were going to protect it but are now not going to. Apart from the housing all the cars that we are going to have. It is bad enough now.  Everyone I have spoken to says Pannal is going to be ruined. We were a lovely village but we will not have many green fields left. What does one do. Fountains Abbey NT and a great number of people objected to the amount of housing Ripon is going to have but they all lost and the houses will be built.
I also heard today that the plants and flowers that adorn Pannal Station planted by volunteers. Some people/someone is coming with a trowel and digging some of them up. New plants, a lovely hydrangea just planted was taken the very next day. How rotten is that? This is a blog of despair.
But hurray one good thing. Remember the two lovely trees that were given to me to be planted on Pannal Green. Well they have now reached the height where they can be adorned with fairy lights. All the connections are in place so it should be quite splendid at Christmas.
My neighbours tubs that were planted with a variety of flowers were not doing very well and I unfortunately knew why. My cats were sitting in them in the evening a tub each. Delighted they were having found a very warm spot.  Have remedied that with pepper and they now look lovely. Flowers growing well. Cats did wander around sneezing and nearly falling over but as I said flowers growing well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.