Friday 11 December 2020

Pannal and the Crimple Valley

 I am receiving phone calls from people agreeing with me over my idea to turn the Crimple Valley into a Country Park. I even have some Councillors saying it is a good idea. As I said Harrogate (and technically we are Harrogate but I think of Pannal being Pannal) has The Stray, the Nidd Gorge. Killinghall Country Park and Knox Country Park and we were here before Harrogate and HBC has seen to it that we have had a number of houses built around us. We have lost a lot of green spaces so I truly believe we need the Crimple Valley (from behind St Robert's Church to All Saints Court to the A61 Leeds Road protected because believe you me HBC who own the land, being purchased from William Bentley of Pannal Hall in 1962, would dearly love to sell the land for development - lots of houses. All I want is a commitment from the said HBC to say yes and if we need to make the footpaths better we will raise the money to do so but I stress it should be left more or less as it is. Now what about the proposed cycle path up Humphrey Bank Almsford Bank to newcomers. I had heard that the company asked to make the cycle path want to pull out. 

Good that Mill Lane is walkable again but that part near the Burn Bridge end is susceptible to land slides and the we are now seeing a lot of very wet weather. Hopefully it will not happen in the near future.

Who would have thought this time last year that we would have Covid 19 and we would all have had two lockdowns and some places would be in Tier 3. I have two children and their children in Tier 3 and two children their children and me in Tier 2 but for how long as Boris is letting everyone have a free for all for 5 days. Will we be in lockdown in January who knows? Boris has said three families can meet up I have four families. 

Remember Ken Walker our lovely butcher. Ken has had a fall and broken his hip and is in hospital in Leeds. He is 90 so we all wish him well.

The cats are in and Tigs has to be shoved bodily off my chair and she then sits and gives me the evil eye .Little Marble is a numpty and sits/lies in the stupidest of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.