Thursday 20 October 2022

Chaos in Pannal

 My neighbour last week counted 300 cars up and down Main Street (mainly down). This was between the hours of 7.45am and 9am and they were not sticking to the 20 mph speed limit. I also saw them car after car after car but she counted them. Heaven help Pannal Village when those 4000 houses are built on the fields beyond The Squinting Cat. These are not cars coming to Pannal Village they are cutting across the A61 in both directions and using us as a rat run. Another strange thing is that cars turn off the A61 Leeds Road and go down Leadhall Lane and then through Pannal and rejoin the A61 Leeds Road further up. Why? 


Then last week as I was backing out of my drive to go to the Golf Club when a cyclist overtook me on the inside just as I was straightening up and yesterday I was just about to turn into my drive after coming down Church Lane a black car overtook me on the inside. I saw something black and stopped and thank goodness I did so. These drivers are idiots I live opposite Rosedale and I am indicating left to turn in to my house where I have lived for over 56 years and a number of them say, like the one whom I got out of the car to speak to and said "cant you see I am indicating left to go down my drive I was not indicating to go right down Rosedale" and he said  "well your a woman and |I thought you were going down Rosedale". No answer to that one eh!   First time this has happened to me (and happened twice in a week) but it has happened to my neighbours. We all say we are just waiting for an accident to happen sooner rather than later. It is quite frightening the speed the cars travel at down Church Lane and then Main Street. 


We are still working on the Queen Elizabeth 11 Country Park in memory of a great Queen and I will keep you informed. 


Today was the most rain we have had for weeks. The gardens needed it but it can stop now. Tuesday was so lovely that I wore shorts to golf but they are now washed and put away. I am a summer person and I hate the dark nights. Marble and Tigs not all that chuffed either. They are about 17 years old and every year it comes as a surprise to them. Some people seem to have cats that are so clever. I am not one of them.                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.