Thursday 16 November 2023

All Pannal

Having tidied up the Patio by St Robert's Church I am now waiting until all the leaves fall as it was a massive job last week clearing what was there.  I am still suffering from a wrist problem after my accident in Palma but I can manage if I take my time but unfortunately no golf as yet. 

Have heard that the Chairman Howard West of Pannal and Burn Bridge Parish Council is leaving the village and going to be near his daughters and grandchildren. I wish him well. 

Shall share this with you as I as very pleased when it was sent to me by the Harrogate Civic Society. It was send to Heritage Open Days It is anonymous but thank you for taking the time to write it:  " I really enjoyed Anne's tour of my village. I have lived here for three years but knew nothing of the history, often wondered about certain buildings etc. Anne is so passionate about the village and the area, she shared funny anecdotes as well as lots of historical facts bringing the history of the village and it's people to life.  Very interesting tour and talk from such a knowledgeable local historian and resident of the village. We learned a huge amount about this village which is close to where we live, but we soon realised we knew so little about it".

Pannal Neighbourhood News which is now missing from the Harrogate Advertiser will be on line and can now be read on a Wednesday.   

Another kindness was when my little cat died on it way to the vet I went into Cold Bath Deli and when I received my coffee I said to the two girls serving  I am cheering myself up because my little cat has just died. The girls came back to my table and gave me a little card which said sending our love from Cold Bath Deli and have a coffee on us and a little drawn heart. That was really kind. 






                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.