Tuesday 14 May 2024

Pannal summer arrived?

In the last blog I said Pannal is so quiet. It was then but recently with the traffic lights still up at the top of Pannal Bank the motorists have found that if they come down Leadhall Lane and turn into Church Lane and through Pannal they won't have to queue on Leeds Road. Obviously better queuing on Pannal Bank they think. 

Is it summer? Well a couple of days ago I would have said yes but back to normal today. Funny all the rain we have had and yesterday the ground was getting dry. Plants are growing and so are the weeds. I weed the borders and next day there is a weed there about six foot high. How have I missed that?  Sadly this is not a one off occurrence. Hope we are going to get a summer.

On Saturday I wanted to send some photos. I use a camera. Put them on the computer to send and my latest ones were on the camera but not on the computer. So a cup of tea called for and a think. Ah ha perhaps if I delete some the last lot will appear. Yes I checked and that was correct. So I sat there happily deleting more to be able to get my latest ones on the computer to send. I am afraid I was too happily deleting and I pressed the wrong button and I deleted every single one of them. Aaaagh! I rang up Bass and Bligh and said is there anything that can be done? They said there is a very slight chance. So that is were camera and disc are. Fingers crossed.

I am doing a talk with slides for the Harrogate Civic Society on Wednesday 24th July at St Robert's Church Chapter House in the afternoon. Shall be taking people round the Church first. Think it is about 2 o'clock. Details later. I make my talks fun and I enjoy doing them. Tea and biscuits afterwards or before I do not know I just do the talk. I do so love living here. Nearly sixty years and I want everyone to know how lovely Pannal Village is and also how old we are. Long before upstart Harrogate. 

Can I just say in my opinion North Yorkshire Council do not seem to care about Harrogate. They do not know it and think it is a good place for development and are asking anyone with land that they want to "sell" to let them know. So more development on the cards. It is really strange but in my book Postcards from Pannal printed nearly thirty years ago the children from Pannal Primary School agreed the fact that they thought Pannal in years to come would be a "City." One little girl said "When I tell people it used to be a village they will think I am from a lunatic asylum." Out of the mouths of babes...........

I am having my cataracts done end of this month. One first and then other one later. So that has stuffed my summer. No golf and horror of horrors no gardening. We shall see about that one but if my garden is like Miss Haversham's come and find me I am in there somewhere. 

This is the point where those who do not like cats look away. Tigs is a lovely friendly cat who follows me around always wanting to be picked up and I said to my kids she will have me over one day and they said always take your mobile with you when you are in the garden. Good idea I thought so I did only to find when I came back into the house I had the remote control instead of..



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.