Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pannal and the Jubilee

The Fabulous weather continues but not for much longer THEY tell us but considering THEY never told us we were going to have a heatwave I do not have much face in THEM.  Geoff came back from Wembley elated after Huddersfield Town's win. We had left him a bottle of beer, a card and a balloon that lit up. Yesterday Geoff and Shirley invited us in to the garden and we all had champagne. Lovely. Pannal is preparing to have a Jubilee weekend which I hope will be well attended as it is half term and a number of people have their own plans us included. I have put flags out and decorated the Pannal Village Society notice board. At the church all Pannal groups will be represented and I have spent this past week helping various groups with their history.  I golfed yesterday and came second. Came third the week before which I am pleased about as I only came back to the club in March after being away nearly a year as I had a big op on valves in my legs then contracted dvt but I am back golfing and walking which we love and our other love apart from our family is gardening although the shine is going off that after carting big cans of water round every night. Must go and feed the cats are they are staring in the window with their knives and forks at the ready.