Saturday 6 May 2017

Pannal and .....

After my last blog I developed an awful virus. It just felled me. Never had anything like it in my life. I now have lots of blood tests. I think I have an empty arm. I feel ok now but still the blood tests continue. Hopefully all will be well soon.
Our son Michael has of last night run from Fort William to Cape Wrath. A distance of over 400 miles. This was in aid of Alzheimers. (have I spelt it right) I have sponsored him and said if I get the disease can I have my money back and could I have that in writing now please in case I get it then I would not remember. He has run Mont Blanc and also completed the Bob Graham, One of not all that many. He is a lovely lad but he must be mad. I do lovely walks all round North Yorkshire and I do not think there is anywhere I have not been. Also golf and garden so out in all weathers. What was I saying about Michael being mad.
Pannal no answers as yet re gypsies or housing. Pannal Primary School building a couple more classrooms. A far cry from the days not all that long ago when the Head teacher put an advert in our local paper for more pupils.
Today I have spent a lovely afternoon walking round Sandy Bank Quarry which is just behind my house. The bluebells and wild garlic are out so I took some photographs and I could hear a couple of woodpeckers tapping away.
I have also attended to the little garden I have created on the patio near St Robert's Church. A couple of hours down there and I find out all the local gossip from people passing and stopping to say hello.  Everyone is worried about what will happen to Pannal. Will we be joined to Harrogate. I sincerely hope not as Pannal was there long before upstart Harrogate. Proposed Housing all round us. Dunlopillo site, our lovely Crimple Valley don't know where it will all end. Everyone says we need more housing but Pannal seems to be getting a not very good deal. I have asked our local MP Andrew Jones to come to Pannal pointing out he always comes to Harrogate but never Pannal and he is MP for here as well. Wrote a couple of emails on a similar theme and had the answer yes he will come in June. Have not had an email saying he won't because of the Election but who knows maybe I will get one.
Also had the excitement the other day of cleaning the fireplace, moving the guard and Marble who is not the sharpest knife in the box dashed up the chimney. Oh she was popular trailing soot all over but did manage to grab her before she got on to the carpets. Thrown out into the garden she flew.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne
    My name is Neil Crafter and I'm one of the researchers with the Alister MacKenzie Society of the UK.
    Just wondering what postcards and photographs you might've of the course from the time of Dr MacKenzie's changes to the Pannal course from 1913-14. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Neil

    neil@golfstrategies.com.au

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments that you have.