Tuesday 6 June 2017

Pannal still in a turmoil

Still going for blood tests etc. So nothing to report apart from the fact I am writing this blog. It is inside my head that should be looked at as I don't think I mentioned that Tommy Lamb died awhile ago. He was lovely. Very gentle and quiet and a source of information about the village. If there was something I did not know I asked Tommy and I remember one time when he and Pat were at a Quiz at Hookstone and they rang me up and said quick we are at a quiz what was Blind Jack's name? I said Metcalf born 1717 died 1810. Put the phone down and thought that was quick Anne hope I am right. I was cos sometimes things stick in your memory. Having said that I sometimes cannot remember what I did yesterday. Eventually do thank goodness. I miss him. Pat and Tom lovely, lovely couple. 
No answer do we or do we not get the gypsies or to be politically correct travellers.  Do not know as yet. Housing at Dunlopillo site going ahead. Would have been nicer to have some housing facing onto Station Road with front gardens instead of offices. Not all that chuffed to see what the offices will look like. Austere. I was told the other day when I mentioned the past and how Pannal was a village and then Walton Park, Crimple Meadows, Pannal Green, Rosedale and now with the Dunlopillo site I felt we have had a our fair share of housing not to mention the past and this by a person who has come to live here when all these houses, apart from Dunlopillo site, were built. If I had come to live here now I probably would think the same but I remember the green fields and how Pannal was a village and I am sad to say now a suburb as confirmed by George Clark the Restoration Man. Just hope we are not joined to Harrogate. Suburb or not we must remain separated. One good thing I have been trying for ages to have Sandybank Quarry made into a SINC to give it protection and I am pleased to say it now is. Hoping the Crimple Valley will receive protection too.
I have given Tigs a good talking to re the mice and small animals she brings me. Marble was looking on with a smug look that said yes I know that and I never kill anything. That is actually true. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.