Monday 20 April 2020

Pannal in lock-down or is it?

Is the virus in the village. Yes it has been but people who have had it say they are now immune.Can't confirm that as nobody knows as yet.
I have a lovely walk each day across and round Crimple Valley. Have always done this as I live very near and it is always one of the last places to lose the sun. Last week I needed some money so thought I will walk across the Valley and then walk up Leeds Road to the Post Office when it is closed. Have my gloves on and use their ATM. So off I went. God how boring is walking up Leeds Road. Two cars (only ones on the road) coming in the direction of Leeds or Bradford to Harrogate and one overtook the other!!! Then when I reached the new football area there were some big lads and some young ones with their Dads kicking a ball around.Is that allowed? One of my neighbours across the road said he was furious as at the rec a Mercedes car pulled up and a Dad with two children walked over the rec and he lifted the children over the railings and into the closed play area. 
Myself and my neighbours have never seen so many people walking around with maps. Two stopped me and asked where Mill Lane was. I told them as they obviously wanted to walk to Burn Bridge what I did not tell them was the path was closed because of a landslip. Oh I am mean but they were strangers.We are all being good and walking round our area. Some people are walking not around their area. Oh perhaps I am being rotten and they are entitled to but most villagers are keeping to Pannal.
Thank goodness the weather is so lovely and thank goodness we have gardens. So very sorry for those that don't.
Cats love this isolation as the summerhouse is open all day and they are in lolling around on the comfy chairs in the sun and out of the wind. Followed by me catching up on reading after gardening. I skype with my big family every day so that is great and my lovely young neighbours get me some shopping on a Friday. I text my publisher to say I am not writing the book, at the moment, as I am making the most of the weather. Terry text back to say Yes that is what you should do as this weather can't carry on forever. Apart from family skyping the "highlight" of the week is Thursday 8pm when we all are out clapping.
After last times rant I had a few emails with people agreeing. Happy for you to email me as I will always answer you.

3 comments:

  1. Anne what this generation is facing is very minimal compared to what our parents had to face ,consider the air raid shelters in the back yards in Dennistoun ,and what your Dad had to face in the navy in WW2 and I remember Mum telling me a German bomb fell on Haghill school ,fortunately it did not explode ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is noticeably a lot of money to understand this. I suppose you have made specific nice points in features also. UPVC lock repairs Stockport

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. Local locksmith

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments that you have.