Friday 10 April 2020

Pannal in isolation

Don't usually start my blog with a rant. Now I know I have had rants before somewhere in the column but this one has made me mad. The Crimple Valley is on my doorstep and I have been walking it. It is big enough to avoid people and it is lovely all of it right up to Fulwith Mill or Follifoot Road but the part behind St Robert's Church so many people are using it that I have never seen before. They are coming down Main Street with maps in their hands and most of them have dogs. A couple of evenings ago after a long day in the garden I went for a short walk behind the school and up towards Sandy Bank Quarry and in the distance I wondered who had planted the daffodils. When I got closer I saw no not daffodils yellow bags of dog poo. A change from the usual black bags that are to be seen. Now the fields have been ploughed to plant wheat and coming back along the footpath I stepped in by the remains of the old tree that blew down a couple of years ago as there was a well built young man coming along and his dog had a poo in the ploughed field and he just kicked soil over it. I was on my own he was a big lad. I did not say hello as I normally do but I was so annoyed. People are coming into Pannal who do not live here (hence the maps) and it is so annoying. I wrote about this on Neighbours site and other people have said yes the Pinewoods, the cricket ground, Hookstone Woods are in the same state. What is the matter with the idiots. Why go to a beauty spot and then desecrate it? Some people have been threatened when they have tackled these idiots and others have been afraid of the dogs. What does one do? Just hope this is soon over and they will stop coming to Pannal. Ok rant over but I am still annoyed.
Walking down Church Lane last week I had to step out onto the road as there were two lads on bikes on the pavement. Think this is the wrong way round but nowadays cannot be sure.
The footpath from Mill Lane to Malthouse Lane has been closed off as there has been a landslip at the Malthouse end and it will not re- open until August.
I know of some people in Pannal and Burn Bridge who have had the virus and recovered. So bad news and good news.I am in two minds about the Conference Centre/Nightingale Hospital.HAS BEEN STATED VICTIMS OF THE VIRUS ARE TO BE OR BEING BROUGHT THERE FROM ALL OVER NORTH YORKSHIRE. (did not mean this to be in capitals but cannot be bothered deleting and typing again) Wonder if we would have needed that if we still had the General Hospital.(there was the General and the District) Always thought that was a mistake demolishing it.
Last night out again clapping. Last Thursday I went out and stood in the middle of the road - no cars (one benefit) and started clapping. All on my own for a minute and feeling like a numpty. Then everyone came out. This Thursday we clapped and shouted see you next Thursday.
I have done so much gardening a weed dare not show its head. Bins not collected, mine is very full. When it is collected I have an enormous pile of branches etc to fill it up again.
My lovely daughter before all this (virus) started brought me some cat food but unfortunately she brought wrong type of biscuits and I never noticed. So when I put them out I noticed then so did the cats. They took one look at them looked at me said "and this is - I'm going out". Well they have had to eat them - nothing else - so have got used to them. I have two lovely young neighbours and they are getting me some shopping. I am ok freezer wise as I have always kept a well stocked freezer when there was six of us to feed. Still do for unexpected visitors or even expected ones.
Enjoy Easter as best we can and Stay Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.