Monday 21 January 2013

Pannal cut off

It did not start snowing until after 5.30am this morning. I know that as I was up. Did go back to bed though. Heard that Pannal was cut off early on. Not surprising really as we are in a dip. Hill on either side of us to go up or through Burn Bridge but it was stated it was just as bad. School was closed not surprised as headteacher does not live here nor do the teachers and judging by the 4x4s and cars of a morning neither do half the pupils. Stated by another school on tv we do not open the school when it snows as a teacher or a pupil might fall over and sue us. What sort of country are we living in?  Was told that all the snow gritters etc are now up at Penny Pot Lane. They used to be on Claro Road which was much more sensible as from Penny Pot Lane they have to either tackle Cornwall Road or Pot Bank to get to Harrogate both steep hills.  We have about 4 inches and I am sorry I am not out as this must be the first year that I have not built a snowman or a snow caterpillar. One year built a great igloo and that seemed to last for weeks.  Those poor young people that died on Glencoe. There but for the grace of God go Bas and I. We have done some "daft" walks and thought nothing can happen to us. All young people think that and so sad they were so young and talented. One being a lady doctor at Harrogate District Hospital. I am hoping Big Boot comes off on Wednesday as I have a lecture to do in Ripon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.