Friday 25 January 2013

Pannal and weather

Snow still lying. Side roads have not been cleared and are a bit slippy so I am told as I am, unfortunately, still in the Big Boot. Family are calling me Clumpy. Another month of this lark then start physio. I do not get a lot of sympathy as when people (hospital staff being one lot) ask me how I did it and I tell them a whoopee cushion they just fall about laughing and say never heard that one before. On the Stray some lads built an igloo and advertised it for sale on ebay as a detached residence. Money going to charity. Bids have reached over £1000 as yet. Had sad news that Jean Robinson of Burn Bridge had died. Jean was a lovely lady. She loved everyone and I never heard her say a bad word about anyone. We all have a gossip and a grumble but not Jean she was a pleasure to be with. She had many friends who are upset about the news. Jean was in her nineties, kept herself well, dressed nicely and had a young mind and could converse with old and young alike. She will be sadly missed. Good job I am writing another book or I would be bored out of my mind by now. Taking this enforced lay off as an opportunity to get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.