Saturday 9 March 2013

Pannal and Mothers" Day

On the eve of Mothers' day and also Red Nose Day. Why am I linking them? The very first red nose day a tea was held in the chapter house of St Robert's church and all villagers were asked to attend wearing red noses and dressed up appropriately. I decided to wear my daughters Pannal School uniform (Susan attending Grammar School by this time) So off I sallied. Sitting at my table was Joan Bradshaw of Pannal Green who said what if I take you round to Pannal School and say I am your mum and you wont go to school. So off we went Joan holding my hand and dragging me into the reception area saying she would not get out of bed I am fed up with this I want to see the headmaster. Teachers heard the commotion came out, laughed when they saw us. Headmaster was summonsed. Mr Kirk turned up wearing tiny grey shorts, little shirt, small tie and a school cap on his head. What a laugh we all had and red nose day was a success in Pannal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.