Wednesday 28 May 2014

Pannal and the polls

Pannal remained conservative notice the small c as I am fed up with all the parties. Think most people are too with the protest vote for UKIP.
We are going to feature in a tv programme Restoration Man with George Clarke. I have been asked to help with the history of the water tower on the hill by Walton Park which is being converted to a house. I have declined the offer as I remember there was a lot of opposition to the planning application from people who live there so I do not want to become involved.
We have lost our neighbour Geoff Holberry. Poor Geoff had been ill and hospitalized since Christmas. He was a character which came out at his humanist funeral. We will miss him coming round in his shorts and saying Shirley and I are off to Sharm el Sheik can you water the tomatoes? We also used to say we are off to Bristol, Cheltenham, Wales or The Lakes (nowhere fancy) nothing to do just to let you know we are going to which we would reply "You have not asked permission". His football team and love of his football life was Huddersfield Town and when they won the Cup Shirley was out so he came round with a bottle of champagne and said "Shirley has gone out and won't be back until late and I have no one to celebrate with me" So we duly obliged. That was no hardship.
Weather rubbish. Hope it is not going to be like this all summer. Beware of newspapers saying "going to be a scorcher" Oh ha!
I have now finished my next book. Reading the proofs. It will be published in Scotland as it is about My and my lifelong friend's childhood in Glasgow and Millport, Isle of Cumbrae. On to my next one now. At least this weather is good for writing. Minute the sun shines it is down with the pencil and out. Tuesdays have been good and I have been able to golf and have been doing quite well. Course closed today. Dear me and it is summer too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.