Monday 9 March 2020

Pannal and books

A few years ago my friend and I asked the GPO if we could adopt keep clean and tidy and put books in the telephone box outside the Hairdressers on Station Road in the village and how do we go about this. Answer was we offer obsolete boxes (which this one is) for one pound and villagers can use them for books but do you have a Parish Council. Yes. We can only give it to them. So we asked the Parish Council and their answer was no. We thought it would be a good idea as we do not have a bus that comes in to the village and older people, without cars, find it a drag up a steep hill to catch the number 36 Bus. We were rather sad that we were turned down but now I see someone is putting books in said box. Good on you. I tidied it up this morning as with the winds some books had fallen on the floor. Shall put some books in too. A brilliant idea and well done you.

Having another two book signings for our book A Souvenir Guide to the Valley Gardens price five pounds. First one Saturday 28th March from 10-12.30 in Waterstones and second one in WH Smiths Saturday 4th April from 10 to 12.30. Come and say hello.We are doing another re-run. All the money we raise from selling the books is going into this. Have sold 1000 so nearly there. I am also getting on with Pannal and Burn Bridge Book. I asked my children what did they think I should call it and I should not have bothered as names suggested were Carry on Pannal. Lost in Pannal.  Pannal and the Tardis, Harry Potter comes to Pannal. Too many to mention but you get the idea and they were quite put out when I said no I don't think so.  I might have been better asking the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.