Sunday 1 March 2020

Pannal and my life

Just thought I would tell you that at long last HBC will put a bollard near the patio garden (by St Robert's Church) and I shall not be killed by cars. I cannot tell you how many times I have been doing the garden and clearing up and a car has driven onto the pavement to avoid the speed bump. One time in particular a very near miss and two people who were coming out of the church service (Thursday morning) shouted. I was able to stand up and get out of the way. Too fast to get the number plate also the wall obscured the rear plate.  I did say to HBC that either a bollard or a plaque in memory of me. It is not there yet but I am in hope. The bollard not the plaque.
Also whilst I am having a rant two traffic incidents to be aware of. First one I was waiting outside Pannal Golf Club near the yellow hatching (that one is not allowed to be in) when this 4x4 overtook our long line of cars and went into the yellow hatching then through the traffic lights. Dunfounded we all were. Same day I was on Leadhall Lane first in the queue of cars waiting for the lights to change when another 4x4 came alongside me. I assumed he was turning right but no he turned left with me. What a shock at least my last words on this earth would have been a prayer and not a swear word. I will leave it to you to decide is Christ a prayer or a swear word?
I have started on Pannal and Burn Bridge book and the plan is to have it ready by Christmas. Publishers are Terry from Smith Settle whom have been brilliant on my books.I am on to my seventh. Not all on Pannal. Gosh I have lived here so long and seen so many changes. I know so many people and the ones that I know are lovely but I must say that fifty odd years ago everyone spoke. People coming towards you or people passing you. Now it is entirely different. Ones coming towards you very often avert their eyes.The other day a man overtook me passing Pannal Green. We were the only two on the pavement. As he passed me I said Good Morning and he nearly fell over but did answer. So all of us smile or say something. It would be so much nicer.
Ah ha I think I have had three rants so will go now and get on with what I am supposed to be doing.
Cats are snuggled up together as they say they are frozen. I said they are not the heating is on but they both just gave me a long lingering look that said Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.