Friday 22 January 2021

Doing our bit in Pannal

 When the bin men arrived to remove our refuse I went out and clapped them and they were chuffed. I put this on the Neighbours site and suggested we all do this. They like the NHS have worked all through the pandemic and deserve a bit of applause. I remember the days when we had the same bin men every week and we used to tip them at Christmas as we saw more of them as they came "round the back" to pick up our heavy metal bins and bring them back empty. In fact I used to see one of our lovely bin men David in Morrisons and we always had a chat. In fact one time years ago he said to me have you ever been to Malta? I said no and he said go its brilliant and go to Gozo. We went and he was right and we have been back a few times since but like Britain it is having a lot of development. One time we had a bungalow on top of a hill and we went to the shop at the bottom. Bought some water 6 enormous bottles and as we paid the lady said oh its 2 for 1 so take another 6. One of our party had to carry them all the way up the hill. Oh how we laughed. Rotten really.

Notice Mill Lane is closed once more.Not at all surprised as I said at the time it would happen again. This has occurred over the years but of course made worse by the constant rain. The chap that has the house by the mill pond said thank goodness they are putting the fencing at the bridge as last time there was a landslip last year people were climbing over the pond fence. This time they can't. 

I am still carrying on with the idea of Crimple Valley Country Park as I have had a couple of very supportive letters from Andrew Jones our MP. Pannal Parish Council know of my idea as do our local councillors. No one has said it is not a good idea so I am hopeful but we shall all have to be behind my plan as we all know what Harrogate Borough Council is like when it comes to Pannal. In all my nearly sixty years here I have heard only detrimemtal remarks when it comes to Pannal. In other words THEY DO NOT LIKE US.

My new book Pannal and Burn Bridge - Their story is waiting to be published but I cannot see my publisher. It was supposed to be out in October in time for Christmas but I could not launch it as we were all being careful because of Covid 19 so no crowds. Never fear it is ready to go when Terry and I can meet. Terry does not live in Harrogate and we are all having to stay local.  

Cats are like bees they can pass messages on telling each other where there is a source of food.  For months we have had a ginger cat come through the cat flap and scoff my cats food. They were frightened of it. He has now been joined by a black cat. Tigs and Marble cats are also scared of it..I cannot think of a solution. My neighbour near the top of the road sent me a photo of Tigs lying in his arbour on a sunny morning. On his chair too. I think in the summer he has to race my cat for his chair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.