Monday 11 January 2021

Pannal in the snow

 Now then the snow was a surprise to me and it came down all day and I was quite happy as I love snow. I also love what happens in the snow, drivers that take a short cut through Pannal get stuck coming in and going out we have two steep hills. This provides endless fun for those of us who live in Main Street as they got stuck at the top of Main Street and had to back down causing a jam with cars coming up. This was happening then the snow plough/gritter came and cleared the road. Boo we were all shouting well I was anyway. What a thing to admit but with this lock down we have to take our pleasures in different ways. 

I have heard of a couple of virus cases in the village and I have also heard of a couple of burglaries, So as they say everyone stay safe from both. 

I now have new neighbours. Sophie and Munib left and Patricia and Brian moved in and both managed to get out and in safely with their furniture removals the day before it snowed. Ah the snow I build a snowman in the front garden and a polar bear in the back garden and I loved doing them even although my neighbours probably think I am not all there. I shall not ask them what they thought. 

This morning we lost our Broadband as the workmen at the end of Rosedale cut through the cable. So we lost the computer, the telephone and the tv. Came back on this afternoon. Amazing how we all missed them.

Now one thing I have put on Neighbours site is a black cat that I have been feeding since about March. Well I am not feeding it by choice but it has taken to coming through the cat flap and helping itself and one morning it was in one of my cats beds and they were huddled together in the other bed. It flew out the cat flap and someone replied to my query " does anyone have a black cat" and said could you take a photo of it and put it on this site. Answer no as all I ever see of it is its bum as it flies out through the cat flap. I am tempted to get one of those that only open with a micro chip. Both my cats are micro shipped but I havn't as I have the worry that one time it may not work and they were not able to get in. My two numpties are afraid of it and are no help what so ever.

The snow has now gone and we are back to rain but a bit warmer but all the powers that be are doing is giving us miseable news as they are saying oh its going to get much colder again. Can anyone give us a bit of good news as every bit of good news they impart is always followed but something saying well its not really good news because.....

This is why a write this column and try to be humorous. Is it working do you feel a little happier.?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.