Monday 20 December 2021

Pannal Christmas Bah! Humbug - Oh no.

 The run up to Christmas is turning into a pain for us in Main Street Pannal.  Unannounced came the men to lay fibre optics for talk talk I had just cleaned my car and they covered it in muck as they dug up the pavement. They put traffic lights three sets on our bit of Main Street. They put up bollards and cones. One day I could not get out at all as there was an enormous lorry parked right by my drive had to go and find a workman to move it and the barriers. Nobody on Main Street could see the lights are they were not facing us so we just had to guess, No accidents so far. Everything left in situ at the weekend so I moved the cones and the barriers as they had filled in the holes they dug but not removed anything. Think a lot of swearing went on and not only from me

For the past three weeks there have been enormous lorries carrying very heavy machinery going up and down Station Road and Main Street. They are completely disregarding the weight limit signs as presumably they are lorries from and to development sites. I would reckon by about March we shall have to have the roads repaired. Dilemma is who pays for the damage NYCC (us) or could it be charged to the developers as they are disregarding signs saying they should not be there. 

Ok rant over. It is great to see the Christmas lights on these dark days. Wasn't it bad in the fog. I witnessed this and I had reports from readers to say at 3.30 pm Yes it was foggy but in the fog there were dark patches. When driving one drove in to what looked like night and then it lightened again. Very strange. It happened to me on Leeds Road and Leadhall Lane and other people too. 

A couple of weeks ago did we think we would be in another covid situation? We were ll so happily looking forward to a normal Christmas but now what? I feel another rant coming on re unvaccinated people who are in hospital and asking for the vaccine only to be told you are too late. I read yesterday that most of the beds in hospital are being taken up by unvaccinated people. WE hopefully will get through all of this and endeavour to make this Christmas brilliant with our families around us. So everyone have a lovely lovely Christmas and pray that the New Year brings also peace and happiness. 


ps still a few copies of my latest book Pannal and Burn Bridge Their Stories in Pannal Post Office. Villagers are telling me they are buying them as Christmas presents. So don't leave it too late. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.