Friday 7 January 2022

Pannal and trouble

A very Happy New Year to you all and I hope it will be a good one for you. I had a lovely Christmas with all my family here playing games and eating far to much. Everyone helped so it was brilliant.  The weather was rubbish but fairly warm and we got out when it stopped raining - briefly.  

The day after Boxing Day I thought I would do something in the slow cooker so went to the utility room to get it and when I lifted it up there was water underneath. The central heating was dripping. I had sent everyone over to the rec to play with the toys the grandchildren and the dogs had received from Santa Clause. Then the water started pouring out down the wall flooding the carpet etc. Fortunately they came back and we phoned Safegas who said no you are not under contract to us. I said then why have I been paying you £20,99 per month for years now? Eventually got it all sorted when the staff returned to work the next day (who were we speaking to originally do not know - might have been the tea lady) but we had an afternoon and up  to 10.30 am the next day with no water (Richard had turned it off) and no heating. Thank goodness they were with me as there was no way I could have moved the washing machine, dishwasher and freezer to mop up the water. I went up to the Lakes to spend the New Year with eldest son Michael and his wife Helen and I had a lovely time again playing games and eating far too much also drinking far too much as I was not doing the cooking. Had a couple of lovely walks at Grange-over-Sands and Ulverston. 

Had a visit to Crimple Hall before Christmas and what a splendid food hall. Spent more than I should have but it all looked and tasted so lovely. Restaurant was good too. I hope it is a success. Must admit I am stunned by the success of the coffee place further up as car after car pulls off either going towards Leeds or Harrogate for coffee. 

Have now taken down all the decorations which I was so chuffed to have put up. Big tree and all. The taking down and putting away was worse than the putting up afraid all the cheerful spirit has evaporated,

Tigs and Marble were not at all impressed with the two dogs that were here. Saw them occasionally but if cats can glower they did. I am forgiven now and peace reigns as they are in and on their favourite chairs. One of which is my favourite but I don't have the heart to chuck Tigs off and she knows that. So when I do get sitting in it of a late evening she is on my lap. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.