Friday 28 January 2022

Pannal Panto? Oh yes we are

Yes they are back and at the top of the road again. This time Yorkshire Water. Outside my house there is a cover that has tv on it and water is pouring out of it and has been for days. I had phoned Yorkshire Water and they sent someone out and it looks like one of the workmen from I do not know where has hit a pipe or a spring pipe and the fault is at the top of Main Street. Interesting though there are traffic lights but no workmen. Are they coming this weekend?  There is now a new game for motorists and all are playing it. It is called drive as fast as you can through a 20mph limit when the lights are green and get through them before they turn red. There is a worry there because so many heavy vehicles are coming through Pannal and up Church Lane in spite of there being a weight restriction.In the 1970s the road bridge that is above Sandybank Quarry and before one gets to the Quarry entrance collapsed. Now in those days we had a number of buses coming in and going out of the village via Church Lane (to go to town no need for a car as buses were regular) and this was felt to have caused the road bridge to collapse. Buses were re routed via Rosedale until the powers that be decided not to run buses to and from Pannal. With the amount of heavy traffic and lots of it could this happen again?. Could be as one will have noticed the amount of water that lies there when we have heavy rain. Has the road dipped a bit I would think yes. It will only get worse with the proposed 4000 houses to be built and the traffic will come through Pannal to get to the A61. I remember when we all had larch trees outside our property that the bats used to roost in outside our houses opposite Rosedale and these were felled to widen the road and put a pavement in. 

I do know nothing stands still  but I feel Pannal has had more than its fair share of housing,  In other words just stop please. 

The Queen's Platinum Jubilee in June,  Pannal and Burn Bridge Parish Council were looking for ideas to celebrate it and I suggested a "street party" in the rec if fine and if not fine at Pannal Memorial Institute. Not just a suggestion as I am happy to help. Let's all get together and "do something" to celebrate this fantastic event. 

I shall end with the follow on to my central heating failing at Christmas today emergency call out as carpet in the corner of the lounge soaked by a leaking radiator valve. Noticed it when Tigs who sleeps there came out wet. Not a lot of sense that cat. In fact neither of them have but they do know dinner and when I ask if they want to come in. Bit different when I want to put them out of the lounge at bedtime Mine not theirs as we have a chase round the room as I want them out but they do not want to go out, I win Ha ha.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.