Monday 13 June 2022

Pannal. Me and the Jubilee

 Been a little while since I blogged as I have been suffering. First of all through the kindness of the bottle and paper weekly collectors what they did to my black box. It was torn all down the side with jagged edges and I picked it up and it tore my leg badly. Then much later on was eating museli and felt I was going to sneeze put my hand over my mouth and the museli stuck in my throat. I was choking I could not get my breath. I got out into the garden and eventually did but it was so scary. Result was I developed a rotten cold and very very sore throat and still deaf in one ear. Still not right but I am alive and was ok enough to take part in the Jubilee Celebrations. Now if you are thinking things come in threes - don't.

I went down to the lighting of the beacon at St Robert's car park organised by Pannal and Burn Bridge Parish Council and that was lovely. Someone took a very good photo of the lit beacon, St Roberts and fireworks, Really good. The fireworks were set off from the top of St Robert's Church and there was a lone bugler. All very nostalgic. I actually met the bugler outside my house getting into his car and he said did you hear me? 

Second event also organised by P and BBPC was on the Sunday on the Rec at Crimple Meadows. Weather not too good but a lot better than they had down South. I was asked to let them have a history of the village from 1953 to the present day which I did as they were having a History stall. At the beacon lighting I said who is doing the history stall to be told I thought you were. Answer well no one asked me but ok I will. Fortunately I was in a marquee. I had taken my Coronation mug, my brothers Coronation mug and a couple of other Coronation things for the display. The history of the village and the photographs I had provided were well laid out on boards and all who attended came into the marque and were very interested in the display. I also took a 1953 Kelly's Street Directory and said to people tell me where you live and I will tell you who lived in your house in 1953. All who came loved that and it was fun. I answered many questions and I have come away with queries that I am answering from my records and emailing the answers to the people who asked them. I was also asked to judge a children's painting competition and that was an honour. I picked my three First, Second and Third and said to Steve Cobb who was in the marquee with me what do you think and he agreed with my choices. The winners were announced and a little while later a little girl with her mum and dad came over and said are you the lady who judged the painting competition and she was jumping up and down with joy as she had won First Prize and said thank you. How lovely was that eh?  Only sorry I did not have time to talk to her a bit more. I did see the welly wanging from my tent and the races children's and adults and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Forget about the weather there was beer. I then went to one of my neighbours as they had asked my up for a barbecue. So Derek was outside barbecuing and Denise and I were sitting indoors drinking Prosecco not a bad life and a lovely way to end Her Majesties Platinum Jubilee Celebrations. Cheers Hic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.