Wednesday 11 September 2024

Pannal and the Gas Man Cometh

 Just as Pannal Primary School broke up for the summer holidays the gas men cometh. In Main Street we all suffered varies degrees of nuisance as new pipes were being laid. Part of my drive was dug up looking for the gas pipe to connect to and a large barrier put there which meant for a few days I was not able to get my car out. Good job I like walking and thank goodness for the Co-op. It was a life saver. Only one bit of a nasty incident coming back from shopping a jogger passed me near the old farm and came very close I had my shopping bag in my right hand and it hit the wall and hit my leg causing it to bleed which is always a danger for me. as I bleed terribly. Fortunately I was not far from home so got there with a very bloody leg. Sorted and no ill effects but next time I will stop and let them pass. Think the workmen are from Tyneside area and are a cheery bunch. I have had the pipe connected and the large hole filled in but my neighbours going up the hill have not been so lucky as they still have large holes on their premises. If you pass my drive and see B and A 1966 on a flat stone it is Bas and Anne 1966 the year we came from Kirkby Overblow to live in Pannal. The workmen did that for me as it was on another stone that had to be broken up. As I type workmen still here. Road has been closed off - no going up Church Lane from Main Street. Cars have to turn down Rosedale as no access to Woodcock Hill either. One car stopped and asked my daughter "can I get through". She said pointing at the large sign saying Road Closed "no the road is closed." So they went through the road closed sign half on the pavement found it so and had to back all the way down down. Susan said "what part of my sentence did they not understand". Then yesterday a car drove up and a lady got out and moved all the bollards etc and they drove up half on the pavement. Some drivers get so cross we can hear them revving loudly. It is providing endless amusement for us. 

This Friday morning meeting at St Robert's Church car park at 11 o'clock I am taking a group on a walk round Pannal. This is for Heritage Week run by The Harrogate Civic Society. Stella and Geoff members of the Society are kindly organising the events which have been taking place all this week. A big task so I hope they are enjoying it. 

Just come back from the Isle of Wight with family and it was warm some sun and dodging the rain. It is cold now. Hope we get more summer weather if not it will be  long winter. Nights are drawing in and I hate it. So does Tigs. She looked at me this morning as if to say "what is it with this cold weather?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.