Monday 22 October 2012

Goings and comings in Pannal

I am recovering from my face down fall in puddle. My knee the bruising has come out and I hope it will stand up to golf tomorrow, weather permitting. Yesterday, for us, was a rubbish day as Pannal was in mist most of the day. We went out in the afternoon, after gardening, to find the sun but alas no so went to the pub - Hales Bar - instead. Today it is low cloud and drizzle makes yesterday look ok now. Going out to lunch then golf club for Team Dinner. Our taciturn neighbours left on Friday and no one, us or them, said goodbye. Our new neighbour, Mary and elderly lady, we met and she seems very nice. She is moving in today. The workmen have returned to Main Street digging it up once again down by the church.  I have cleared the fag ends from the little garden by the church. Wonder where they came from?? The leaves are turning on the trees and when the sun shines they are a picture, but this weather damp and miserable they will all fall off. The few days we had of lovely sun was St Luke's Little Summer. Always a few days very nice in October then it does get much colder. Not going to enjoy that as I am still awaiting summer. I had shorts on for golf and someone said who is that in shorts and a voice said Anne Smith and someone said oh yes I might have known. For the first time in nearly fifty years we do not buy the Harrogate Advertiser and I must say I do not miss it and it has been dumbed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.