Tuesday 19 May 2020

Pannal me and isolation

Like everyone I have been so good. Having my walk and gardening. Last week I went to post a letter and it was a nice evening so I thought I shall have a walk in the Crimple Valley. Shall I. No I shall go home. No I shall go a walk. Went over the Leeds Road onwards and thought I shall go up through the woods and down the Follifoot Road to the Public Footpath and home. Going through the woods something caught round my ankle and as I was in mid  step I came crashing down. Honestly just like a felled tree.  Oh it was sore and I winded myself. Lay there for a minute. Got up thought I am ok so walked back home. Came in made a cup of tea sat down . My legs started shaking I went to get up found I could not move for the pain. I eventually did manage to get off the chair. Had a dreadful night so painful.All down my right side and back.See I was in two minds about walking and this is what happened. Need not have done as I was very half hearted about going. Made the wrong decision. Hey ho.   My children said for God sake Mum call the Doctor. I eventually did and he said I am not going to send you to the hospital or the surgery I will ask you some questions and ask you to move. Conclusion I have broken some ribs. Strong pain killers prescribed. Dr said  I have done them now and they are at the chemist ring them. I rang Day Lewis, told them what had happened and that I could not get out. They were so good and said we shall deliver them to you straight away. Bit longer in isolation for me. The Golf Course is open I cannot play, I cannot do much gardening. My neighbours are brilliant helping me. I want to try and do some walking. Only thing I cannot do is carrying anything on my right side. So remembering when we all had children to carry I am using my left side. I will get there but it is a nuisance.
When we had our VE Day Celebrations I sent some photographs that were taken to the Harrogate Advertiser as they had asked me to send them. Did they print them no they did not. They printed 3 photos of the same street and another 3 photos of another street in Harrogate. Well it is called the Harrogate Advertiser they have probably never heard of Pannal.
 SCD Nynet have gone from Main |Street laying cables. If this was for quicker connections it is not working. We have noticed no difference, slow as ever. I thought all firms had to abide by Health and Safety Rules but the workmen were using drills creating a lot of dust and they had no protection no goggles or face masks.Also I had over my wall a jumper. a shirt and what looked like a pair of trousers.They were there all night. Question what did he wear to go home? Sorry can't answer that one. Also Pannal Green they dug a trench right across where the daffodils are. Such a shame if they do not come up next year.
Wonder if we are still clapping on a Thursday at 8pm I clap for NHS but I also clap for us as we are all being brilliant.
Poor Tigs and Marble cannot sit on my knee at the moment too painful and when they try to I say no and they just look at me and say WHAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.