Sunday 31 May 2020

Pannal and the Rocket

Last night I went out twice to see the two man Rocket launched from America. First time nothing second time at 10.17pm I saw the rocket. It was going from west to east and was clearly visible although far away. It was darkish on the ground but light clear sky and I was able to see its lights. That is trying not to fall over the cat as she kept trying to go under my feet. Do not want another fall. I am on the mend with my ribs. still cannot take deep breaths or carry weights on my right side but getting there. Try not to break ribs because next to toothache and earache this is very painful. Spent the first night in the chair but have now made it to the bed. Being careful not to turn to quickly.
Well I think we have had our last Thursday of clapping the NHS but also us for being so good. Self isolating and obeying instructions.My neighbours are suggesting that until we are fully out of lockdown we should carry on meeting at 8pm on a Thursday as long as we have nice nights. Good idea.  The weather has indeed helped it has been wonderful. Hopefully I might be able to see some of my family at a safe distance. I said for them to pretend they were Estate Agents and come into the house but I do not think they will wear that suggestion.
I have been doing my shopping with Steve at the Post Office as his fruit and veg is lovely and I very often meet villagers doing the same. Also Coop very handy. Thank goodness we have both these shops and thank goodness we have the Crimple Valley it has been a life saver for me. Although now getting difficult to cross the Leeds Road to carry on the walk as traffic back and why they have to speed along that part of the road I cannot think.They race to get in front of one another then have to slow down as it is a 30 zone.
Must admit people are a lot nicer now everyone speaks or waves. Do hope that continues as I always have spoken when I am passing people in the village even when I do not know them. Probably because I have lived here for fifty five years and everyone spoke. Especially on a Saturday morning when we all went up to the butchers. Ken Walker was 90 last week. We keep in touch. Who remembers the lovely surprise party Shirley Wilson and I and all the village gave Ken when he retired?
I have hardly been in the house these past months. Been in the garden with the cats. Last night came in to the house, cats followed me and jumped on top of the dresser. Where have their manners gone?  We are all turning feral. All still stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.