Saturday 20 June 2020

Quiet Pannal

Oh I hate when there is change. My Blogger post has changed so I am trying this new version in the hope that it might appear. Might not but you will never know.
Certainly been very quiet in the village these past few weeks but think traffic is starting to be a bit more now and still at the same fast speed. When we used to do our clapping on Thursdays everyone used to come out but since we have stopped don't see many people now. I went into town today, first time, I needed to go to Bass and Bligh to have same slides printed for the book on Pannal and Burn Bridge. I never take the car into the centre of town a. Can never find a space and b. I refuse to pay for parking (Miser). Always have parked outside or walked in from here. I walk across The Stray and I have never seen it so busy. Lots of people in groups, some had brought chairs, most had picnics. I did not stay long as I did not want to see, perhaps, litter being left. I have remarked on it before and either just get a stare or told to get a life or the two fingered salute. Now these people are not from Harrogate are they surely not. I have been just walking the Crimple Valley up towards Follifoot but I had a walk along Abbey Road last week. Parked at St James got some things from Boots then my walk. Walked all the way to Conningham Hall round there and the field then thought Ah I have to walk back and it does seem a long way now as no tea rooms no toilet think perhaps this was a mistake to go so far. Anyway I made it and enjoyed it. Crimple Hall open has been for awhile apparently so purchased some compost. I have seen Susan and Michael. It was so lovely seeing them as I had not seen anyone since beginning of March. We sat in the garden. James and Richard live to far  away to visit so do not know when I shall see them but we Skype and Zoom so that helps.Has been a great help to all of us being able to do this. Also met a friend in the Valley Gardens. Had an ice cream and sat on a bench suitable distance apart. One thing I miss is not being able to give and receive hugs.
I don't get hugs from the cats but I do get lots of licks. They obviously think that I like that but I am not so sure.  
I was sent this which I think it good
Strange things that start in later life
Feet are further down the legs
Doctors start practicing at the age of twelve
Sofas are deeper
Names are less memorable
Keys, glasses and books disappear
Shoe soles are more slippery
Jar lids are tighter
Shopping is heavier
Noses drip
Being called dear isn't as complimentary as it once was.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.