Wednesday 8 July 2020

Pannal surrounded

I do not want to add to the woes of the world. Pannal has been lucky with this virus but Pannal will not be so lucky to be surrounded by all the housing nor will Beckwithshaw, There are plans, having built houses all down the left hand side of the Otley Road from Harrogate,. plans are afoot to build 8OO or more houses on the right hand side just below Harlow Carr Gardens. We are loosing our green fields. I have just been up to the old Police Training Ground to have a look at the Memorial Library which I had listed on 14th October 2014. I am writing in my book about this area, I am quite an authority on Southern College and Pannal Ash College who were there before the Police Training College took over as I have all the memorabilia from both those Colleges. The Memorial Library is still there and it is a beautiful building which at one time was in danger of being demolished but not now as I have it listed. I have informed the Harlow Residents Assoc of this fact. There are now new builders on the site and the house numbers have gone significantly up as they want to build smaller houses .For the locals a sad fact.
 Ever wondered why we have so many police cars through the village. We are a short cut to their new Headquarters.
 Have heard that horrible pile of rubbish at the rear of St Roberts Church will be moved and notices put up warning against fly tipping. Not before time as there are rats around and I am sure Pannal Green residents do not want those invaders. 
Older residents will remember Pat Lamb. Well she is still going strong having celebrated another birthday. Only sad thing is her family cannot get in to see her and most of all we are missing hugs. I have seen two of my children which was so lovely but my other two live too far away so I have not seen them and this is the first time in our lives we have not seen each other for so long.
Yesterday a council lorry stopped outside our houses in Main Street. We looked on in horror what now?. One man took out traffic signs go and stop put them on the pavement. What were they going to dig up. Then another man got off the lorry threw the signs in the back and off they went. Hugh sigh of relief but what was all that about. perhaps just to scare us!
I had to wander round to the school at the weekend as Tigs had not come home. Then she appeared so I emailed Jane to say if I was caught on the CCTV I was looking for Tigs. Marble always around when I come in if I am using the car she always appears to greet me. I am pleased I have them and I am also pleased we have the Crimple Valley as I do so enjoy walking it up to the Viaduct. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.