Friday 30 June 2023

Pannal notes found

 Last blog I said I had lost my notes. Well they are found so I thought I would include them.

There was the very sad news that Conor Shutt grandson of Allan and June and Martin's son has died. I knew him as a little boy and he used to come on the walks round Pannal that I did with Pannal School. After a walk some of the children would recognise me even in Harrogate and tell their parents. Very kindly the parents would say their children enjoyed the walks and some children even insisted their parents go on the walk and they would tell them what they had been told. Needless to say don't think Conor ever finished a walk. Think we got as far as Mill Lane before he was sent (accompanied) back to school. He was a wild little boy. 

Leading on from this Pannal has been chosen to be in the Heritage Walks nationwide which is in September.I have been asked to lead the walk which I am happy to do to let people know about Pannal. It is strange sometimes on the walks someone will say I pass Pannal quite often going along the Leeds Road and I have often wondered what was down there. 

You will have seen the bungalow next door to me has been sold. It sold in a week and the asking price was over £500,000 and there were two lots of people after it. So |I will be having new neighbours. Shirley Holberry who was a lovely neighbour is now at Hampden House and enjoying her time there. I am the longest householder here having moved in 1966 with just Susan who was born when we lived at 2 Maltkiln Cottages, Kirkby Overblow, and Dusty our dog. Over the years came Michael, James and Richard all born in Pannal and all attended Pannal Primary School and then Harrogate Grammar School,another dog and four cats.  We have lovely neighbours and best wishes to Mary Barr who had a fall and is now in hospital. Hopefully out soon and home. 

Ok that's it until next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.