Monday 19 June 2023

Summer in Pannal

 At last we have summer. How long it will last we do not know but it is lovely to have the sun and warmth. I think my arms have grown longer. Knuckles not yet trailing on the ground due to the fact that I have been watering the plants back and front. I have a lot of plants and a lot of wildlife. Bees, butterflies all be it the white cabbage ones, some blackbirds nesting. I shall soon be like Miss Haversham from Great Expectations as the plants grow over and round me. Crimple Valley looked so beautiful with all the buttercups and mayflower. It is one of my favourite places and we are so lucky to have it on our doorstep.


Now I do not know what happens in the summer but I have a lot of inquiries about relatives that used to live in Pannal in years gone by. Do I know where they lived etc. I normally have the answer as I have a lot of historical papers. I have dealt with a number of these inquiries  and only once have I had some horrible people. They were Americans and were sent to see me by a villager as they said they were related to the Bentley family at Pannal Hall. They came and as it was a lovely day we were in the garden. I made them some coffee and cake and they sat down. I looked up my records and found they were related to the other Bentley family in Pannal. They were amazingly annoyed and just got up and walked out the gate. They had taken photographs of Pannal Hall and I bet they returned to America and said that this was their ancestral home. Who was to contradict them eh!

I am getting back to normal. Notice I said normal as you my readers are nice people. When I told my "friends" my blood test was normal  they ALL said yes your blood test may be but you never have been!! I would like to say thank you for Alan's kind comments. I still have not got my sense of smell back nor my walking many miles ability as my sense of balance is not good but I am getting there. When I first got Covid my oldest son Michael came over and Susan had said to him take a photograph of mum and send it to me. He did and she came up the next day. So I must have looked really poorly. Have not seen the photo nor do I want to. 

I make notes of what I am going to write in my blog.. Well I did but I have lost it. Had to leave there and rescue my little blind cat as a magpie was going for her. A worry as I cannot be there all the time. Would Tigs go to her rescue no she would probably join the magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.