Sunday 25 February 2018

Can Pannal be saved

Can it? Are we going to be surrounded in Housing and lose all our green fields where we walk the footpaths? I am talking of the Crimple Valley. As Pannal's historian these fields belonged in far off days to King George 111 then passed on to The Earl of Harwood and William Bentley. Sold in 1952 and 1963 to Harrogate Borough Council and as "guardians" they created a Special Landscape Area. I have been in touch with the Duchy of Lancaster to see if they hold the mineral rights to this land.
Yesterdays meeting was well attended.I was there from 11am to 4.30pm.  Villagers are concerned. Not only are they concerned about losing this land but the traffic that goes through the village. Thursday and Friday last week particularly bad. Traffic queuing from the traffic light on Pannal Bank to All Saints Court from 4pm to 6.45pm non stop. It was like living on an island as we in Main Street could not get our cars out had we needed to. Everyone here times their outings. Do not go out until after 9.15am and be back by 2.45pm. Unfortunately I overshot this time on Friday and came home at 4.30pm. I could not get in my drive as the cars, vans etc were nose to tail - could not go forward or reverse- to let me in. Now this has happened before and I have gone down Rosedale and round to join the traffic coming down Main Street but Friday no I was not going to I stayed where I was and the cars behind me started hooting. I was so cross I felt like getting out the car and punching them and shouting I LIVE HERE AND YOU ARE JUST PASSING THROUGH. I am not alone in this as it has happened to my neighbours. Hopefully the burst water main on the A61 will be fixed and Thursday and Fridays chaos will be over but this happens every day. Not quite to 6.45pm but certainly starts at 4pm. OK rant over I will not go on about some of the rude mothers that park their cars over our drives and subject one to abuse when asked to move up a bit. None of us are bothered about the cars parking on the road (WE DO NOT WANT DOUBLE YELLOW LINES) just the stupid parking and the abuse.
A great number of villagers both far and near read this blog. Please Pannal readers object to the Local Plan. This is your only chance. HBC have made it particularly difficult to do so but if you feel strongly just write to them include your name and address and tell them what you object to. Before March 9th please. Anything received after that day they will disregard. They will you know.
On a happier note Tigs was sitting up the apple tree and Marble did not see her and passed below. Tigs jumped on top of her and Marble did a cartoon jump in the air all four legs stiff. Animals do have a sense of humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.