Friday 9 February 2018

Pannal and the Local Plan

Please everyone respond to the Local Plan. If you are not sure about it I have asked the Parish Council  to put some details on their Facebook site or whatever they decide to do as it would be helpful for residents to see what to object to. I am objecting to the proposed housing on the Crimple Valley. This land belongs to Harrogate Borough Council who purchased it from William Bentley of Pannal Hall in the 1960s. He also owned Sandy Bank Quarry but sold that to the council too. THEY (HBC) were supposed to protect this area but their promises meant nothing as it is now being proposed for housing. Looking at this proposal from the residents point of view. There will be housing on the old Dunlopillo site and could be housing on Spring Lane Farm, Where are the open green spaces for us to walk? Behind St Robert's Church that is a lovely open space and one of the last places to lose the sun on a summer's evening. It is well used by walkers and dog walkers. As well as children playing. When the old oak tree came down a couple of years ago the children from Pannal Green and around had a wonderful time climbing all over it. I walk there and I love it. Loved it better when it was covered in wild flowers. It was so beautiful and it had orchids there. I do not feel Pannal needs anymore housing. If it does it won't be Pannal it will be Harrogate as we shall be joined up. We could lose our name and instead just be known as South Bilton. Poor Bilton went from being a village to having a massive amount of housing but there is plenty of open space to walk there much more than we have and ten times more if we lose the Crimple Valley to one side of the Leeds ~Road housing and the other side industry.
I have been doing some talks about Pannal these last few weeks. I enjoy doing them and people seems to enjoy hearing them, Also walking round the area. I enjoy walking at Starbeck, Knaresborough, Ripon and Otley. Have walked The Stray all of it for about the hundredth time. I would not want to live anywhere else Soon be able to get back to golf and gardening. Using these cold months to catch up with friends and have lovely lunches.
Tigs and Marble are fine and love being in the lounge when it gets dark.
One more rant. The volume of traffic that goes through Main Street starting at 4pm and carrying on until  6.15pm is horrendous. Feels as though we the residents are living on an island as at those times we cannot get out or in to our drives. Some of the car drivers are amazingly rude> I feel like getting out and shouting I live here you are only passing through. When I was doing the little patio, sorry I said little sometimes does not feel like that with the amount of leaves I have to shift I, for the third time, was nearly wiped out by a 4x4 avoiding the street humps and coming onto the grass and pavement. Marks still there of his tyres. What is the matter with people?? I have also brought it to the attention of the Parish Council that in the 1970s at the top of Main Street where it joins Church Lane Just before the Quarry entrance the road collapsed. It was judged to be the weight of the bus going up and down so it was diverted by way of Rosedale. Hope it has been well strengthened as the amount of cars - and heavy lorries that are not supposed to come through Pannal - that use it now. I have lived here 52 years and my parents lived in Hookstone so have seen all the changes. Are they for the better? I will leave you to judge that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.