Thursday 14 February 2013

Pannal/Harrogate a dumping ground

Three doors up from where I live the old man who lived in the bungalow died and his property was sold. We have all watched with interest the number of skips that have been in his drive. Last count eleven. I mentioned to someone that it was strange as there seemed to be such a lot of rubbish, large stones, rubble, wood etc going in the skip. I did not think his bungalow was that bad that it had to be rebuilt. I was told that the builders were doing some work in London and because the price of hiring a skip there was £800 and here it is £200 it was easier to bring the rubbish up and get rid of it here. Very naughty eh? Hope story is not true as we could be/are the dumping ground for rubbish from the south. Snow again yesterday. I unfortunately was in it as I had two hospital appointments. Good news is nearly out of the boot. I can drive and walk now within reason. Shall give it a go soon when snow goes.  Incidentally I e-mailed Look North and told them of my experience with Jimmy Savile in Pannal and asked why they did not know of his reputation when a great number of people did.  Had a reply saying no they did not know of his reputation. Seems strange the eyes and ears of this area, and he lived in this area, did not know anything about him. Stories had been going around for years at St Jimmy's and on his Marathons I had heard them but they who are a listening and reporting service had not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments that you have.